Master of Philosophy
This program is designed to provide advanced research based studies in management related to technology-based issues. Research activities are aimed at developing in-depth understanding of the state of knowledge in a technology-inclined management discipline that will contribute to the expansion of new knowledge. Students will engage in a significant research investigation of a specific inquiry resulting in the production of a thesis either with a theoretical or applied focus.
Students will have the opportunity to analyze issues, and contribute or expand knowledge in their area of interest through observations, literature review and data analysis. At the end of the program, students must submit a maximum of a 200 page thesis (including references) on a topic which has been agreed upon by the faculty. The conferment of the degree is subject to the successful completion of the thesis and viva voce defense.
In addition to the thesis, to be eligible for the award, students must complete the following university courses:
- Research Methodology
Credit : 0
Choose 1 Course
- Seminar on Global Development, Economic and Social Issues
- Malaysian Society & Culture
- Seminar on Science Philosophy and Social Development
- Bahasa Malaysia Akademik 1
(only for Malay-background international students from Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand and Singapore)
- Possess Bachelor Degree with honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning recognized by the University’s Senate with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Possess Bachelor Degree with CGPA <2.75 from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning recognized by the University’s Senate WITH several years working experience.
ENGLISH REQUIREMENT (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY)
If English is not your native language and you are attending a school where English is not the language of instruction, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System Academic (IELTS Academic).
Intake: Throughout the year
Where Are We?
|Name :||Dr. Dewi Fariha Abdullah
|Ext no :||07- 5610078