PITCH FOR FUNDING 2020 is managed by Azman Hashim International Business School (AHIBS). Through this program, the MBA students who enrolled in Business Research class (MBSA 1713) are invited to pitch their action research proposal. The AHIBS Executive Committee has allocated RM20,000 for MBA students to apply for the Residential Research Fellowship grant through the Pitch for Funding 2020 program. The Pitch for Funding 2020 program has been arranged via online Platform.
The topics will be covered in the areas of business management, economics, accounting, Information Technology, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Marketing, Innovation and Strategic and Financial Management. It also provides key interdisciplinary platforms for students, academics and industry partners to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends, issues, and challenges facing industry players. The solution is adopted using the Action Research. The evaluation panel for the program is comprised of Adjunct Professor, Industrial Advisory Panel (IAP), Industry peers and academics.
- To encourage the involvement of students and industry in understanding, improving and updating practices within the organization.
- To enhance the research cooperation between UTM and industry partners.
- To undertake a research project based on sound management principles and intellectual reasoning.
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Entrepreneurship
- Marketing Innovation
- Human Resource
- Information System
‘Pitch for funding’ is a short oral communications of action research proposal. Students will present their work in form of online presentation (maximum 5 slides) in transmitting important contents of the research components.
Students are required to use a pre-designed AHIBS’s PowerPoint template for Pitch For Funding and should be uploaded and presented in pdf format . The contents of slide presentation must include the followings components:
- Presenter’s detail and industry partner.
- The challenges/issue/concerns you try to solve.
- Theory and model related of the research
- Proposed solutions/ intervention and the distinction of the solution.
- Method plan to solve the challenges/issue/concerns.
- The significance of the research finding/s to the industry partner.
- Pitching – 5 minutes
- Q & A – 15 minutes
The evaluation panel will select ten (10) best projects to be awarded RM2,000.
The presentation will be conducted through Zoom apps. Presentation will be divided into 11 breakout rooms, based on research topics as below:
ACCOUNTING, ECONOMIC, FINANCE
HUMAN RESOURCE 1
HUMAN RESOURCE 2
HUMAN RESOURCE 3
HUMAN RESOURCE 4
MARKETING/ MARKETING ENTREPRENEURSHIP/ MARKETING INNOVATION
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT 1
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT 2
Roles & Responsibilities
- Make sure presenters are judged fairly
- Initiate the presentation session and welcome all panel members and chair the preliminary discussion on the presentation to be evaluated.
- Invite presenters to present
- Ensure that the presentation session runs according to the PFF presentation rules.
- Make sure the presentation runs in harmony.
- Discuss with the Panel of Assessors to determine the decision and any corrective action the candidate needs to make. This decision should be clearly stated in the evaluation form.
- To assist the chairperson in carry out the chairperson duty.
- Make sure all related documents are complete.
- To carry out any other duty as delegated by the chairperson
- To Function as timekeeper for the pitch session.
- Evaluate the presenters based on the following points:
- The problem statement is well defined and relates to the real problem that is faced by the company.
- The research framework is concise and the intervention planned synthesizes with the need of action research project
- The study results in meaningful actions to address the problem and adequate reflection was carried out
- The project presentation is concise
- The project is well concluded with good recommendations
- Make sure the Student and Panel are within the specified zoom line.
- Explain the process of the PFF presentation session to students and panels.
- Make sure the Panel is prepared with the evaluation form provided in the correct google drive folder.
- Monitor the process of assessing and filling student marks by the panel.
- Review the evaluation form before the end of the assessment session.
- Make sure students and panels fill-up the PFF feedback form before leaving the line.
- Make sure the time allocated for the presentation and Q&A are in compliance by panels and students.
|1||ACCOUNTING, ECONOMICS & FINANCE||
Panel 1 : Prof. Dr. Asan Ali bin Golam Hassan@Mohammad (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2:Assoc. Prof. Dr. Siti Zaleha binti Abdul Rasid (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|Mr. Azlan Baqee Abdullah||Dr. Zarina Abdul Salam|
Panel 1: Assoc. Prof Dr. Rossilah binti Jamil (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Dr. Mohamad Shah Kassim (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|YBhg. Dato Zainudin Bin Mohd Ali||Dr. Maizaitulaidawati Md Husin|
Panel 1: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rosmini binti Omar (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2: Dr. Syaharizatul Noorizwan Muktar (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|Mr. Aminuddin Zakaria||Dr. Adaviah Mas’od|
Panel 1 : Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nomahaza Mahad (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Dr. Mohd Khairuddin Ramliy (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|YBhg.. Tan Sri Prof Ir. Dr. Mohd Zulkifli Bin Tan Sri Mohd. Ghazali||Dr. Nor Aiza Mohd Zamil|
Panel 1 : Dr. Ong Choon Hee (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ungku Norulkamar Ungku Ahmad (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|Dr. James Tee||Dr. Theresa Ho Char Fei|
Panel 1: Dr. Noranista binti Ahmad (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ramesh Zaidi Rozan (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|Madam Mariatini Othman||Dr. Normal binti Mat Jusoh|
Panel 1 : Dr. Norzaidahwati binti Zaidin (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2: Dr. Hishan Shanker Sanil (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
|Tuan Syed Anuar Syed Ali||Dr. Sabrinah Adam|
Panel 1 : Dr. Suraya binti Miskon (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Dr. Nor Zafir Md Salleh (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
Mr. Azman Ahmad
|Dr. Teo Poh Chuin|
|9||MARKETING; MARKETING INNOVATION; MARKETING ENTREPRENEURSHIP||
Panel 1 : Assoc. Prof. Dr. Suresh a/l Ramakrishnan (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2: Dr. Harcharanjit Singh a/l Mahinder Singh (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
YBhg. Datuk Chandran Rama Murthy
|Hj. Zaiful Hasmi bin Mohd Hashim|
Panel 1 : Dr. Mohd Iskandar bin IIIyas Tan (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2 : Dr. Aniza binti Othman (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
Dato’ Ts Dr. Mohd Ismail Bin Abd Aziz
|Dr. Rafidah Othman|
Panel 1 : Dr. Noriza binti Mohd Jamal (Panel/ Chairperson)
Panel 2: Dr. Mazilah Abdullah (Panel/ Assistant Chairperson/ Timekeeper)
Mr. Mohd Muazzam Mohamed
|Dr. Nazimah Hussin|
Important dates to remember:
- 15th June 2020 (Due Date) – Submission of Powerpoint
- 28th June 2020 – Pitch for Funding Presentation
ASSOC PROF. DR ROHAIDA BASIRUDDIN
DR BENI WIDARMAN BIN YUS KELANA
DR RAFIDAH BINTI OTHMAN
DR TEO POH CHUIN
DR THERESA HO CHAR FEI
HJ ZAIFUL HASMI BIN MOHD HASHIM